Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Oeste nada de novo...

Another week went by here in Houston, Texas. No news to tell. It rained heavily. Some days the sun shone. Some thoughts have gone through my mind… Why the f*&^% am I here, for example? The answer comes to my mind immediately. To learn tango. Wait a second… Didn’t I come here to learn more about social evolution? Surely not. Or to do a decent experiment in the lab (one, just one, Lord…) that actually produces good, useful results? My poor Dictyostelium look at me sternly, shaking their little fruiting bodies in a feeble yet determinate negative movement.
Learning tango has become the goal of my whole stay. To hell with Biology. I’m moving to Buenos Aires and I’ll live a bohemian life for the rest of my days, dancing tango on the streets with a short strappy black dress and high heels. (Damn, that must be uncomfortable…)
The sad part is that there is no tango lesson this week… As a result of these depressing events, I turned to C++ once again and started playing with it in the hope of one day modeling what I apparently cannot make Dicty do in a Petri dish. Today I created a virtual amoeba. *sigh*
What else can I say?… Maybe I should just leave you with one of the most beautiful tango songs I ever heard. Enjoy!


Balada para mi muerte (lyrics: Horacio Ferrer, music: Astor Piazzolla, interpreter: Mina)




Moriré en Buenos Aires, será de madrugada,
guardaré mansamente las cosas de vivir,
mi pequeña poesía de adioses y de balas,
mi tabaco, mi tango, mi puñado de esplín.
Me pondré por los hombros, de abrigo, toda el alba,
mi penúltimo whisky quedará sin beber,
llegará, tangamente, mi muerte enamorada,
yo estaré muerto, en punto, cuando sean las seis.

Hoy que Dios me deja de soñar,
a mi olvido iré por Santa Fe,
sé que en nuestra esquina vos ya estás
toda de tristeza, hasta los pies.
Abrazame fuerte que por dentro
me oigo muertes, viejas muertes,
agrediendo lo que amé.
Alma mía, vamos yendo,
llega el día, no llorés.

Moriré en Buenos Aires, será de madrugada,
guardaré mansamente las cosas de vivir,
mi pequeña poesía de adioses y de balas,
mi tabaco, mi tango, mi puñado de esplín.
Me pondré por los hombros, de abrigo, toda el alba,
mi penúltimo whisky quedará sin beber,
llegará, tangamente, mi muerte enamorada,
yo estaré muerto, en punto, cuando sean las seis,
cuando sean las seis, ¡cuando sean las seis!

3 Comments:

Blogger lique said...

A música é espectacular! Agora que a tua finalidade em Houston seja aprender a dançar tango, já me espanta! :)) Porra, bastava ires aos Alunos de Apolo! :)
Até amanhã, linda. Beijinhos

2:40 PM  
Blogger Aniek said...

hi ana!! rain in Texas....finally we have pretty much the same weather ( yes...snow evolved (?)into rain :( over here. Can we expect a real tango demonstration when you come back? that would we great! I'll listen to your song tonight. Med venlig hilsen,
Aniek

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Há anos que não ouvia isto. Saudade, realmente... Gostava mais da versão em que era um baixo a cantar isto ;) mas esta tem algum show.
Jinhos pa ti nas Américas do teu amigo Louro

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home