Monday, July 17, 2006

On the effect of the flu on the ability to communicate

You Communicate With Your Ears
You love conversations, both as a listener and a talker.What people say is important to you, and you're often most affected by words, not actions.You love to hear complements from others. And when you're upset, you often talk to yourself.Music is very important to you. It's difficult to find you without your iPod.



Another lazy day in sunny Groningen. Sunny? Yes, you heard me. However, enjoying the Dutch light is not for me!! I'm at home, enjoying another kind of light, the one you see at the end of the tunnel after you've taken enough paracetamol and Actifed to make your brain go "--.--mipmip--.--". And wandering through the internet I found this test on Correio Verde's blog, and couldn't resist to take it.

I communicate through the ears. This is mostly true, especially because right now I have no voice and no sense of smell and taste. So ears is all I've got. But it got me thinking. This is dangerous, i know. It got me thinking about what is most important to us. Lately I've been feeling words shouldn't be as important to me as they have been so far. I mean, it's nice to lose yourself in them once in a while, but I'm now feeling inclined to take people more for their deeds than for their sayings. I mean, everyone can come up with a good punchline. But not everyone can take a good punch. See? There you have it.
And this was today's moment of philosophy. Blame it on the paracetamol.

6 Comments:

Blogger aquelabruxa said...

foste tu!! que troxeste o calor do texas!! isto na holanda é nunca visto!! :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger aquelabruxa said...

p.s. fui fazer destes testes, resolvi ver que cidade americana era eu... austin, claro!! não sei se te disse das primeiras vezes que escrevi aqui, acho que sim, é um dos sítios que quero visitar, não precisa de ser austin, basta ser texas (parte americana, também não el paso), até dallas eu gostava de visitar, embora já tenha ouvido dizer que as pessoas não são muito simpáticas lá, e que austin é mais bonito.

5:59 AM  
Blogger smallworld said...

Pois infelizmente nao sai de Houston o tempo todo que la estive... Mal... eu sei. Mas olha! pelo menos fiquei a conhecer Houston (particularmente o meu bairro) muito bem! E agora vejo com nostalgia o Animal Cops Houston, no Animal Planet... na esperanca de ver sitios e caras familiares...

11:11 AM  
Blogger puta_madre said...

Oi! Afinal continuas a escrever neste blog... Sou sempre a última a saber do que quer que seja. Enfim, se calhar fiquei com a impressão errada de que irias voltar ao blog de origem. Esquece... Também nada disto interessa. Como vai o projecto? Tens avançado bem?
Jinhos da mana

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Paracetamol and Actifed? Is that harmful? Any side effects? what's the --.--mipmip--.--

8:24 AM  
Blogger smallworld said...

Panu: the only side effect of taking paracetamol and actifed in high dosage is to write really bad posts. Ehehe. The "--.--mipmip--.--" is a joke for myself, I read this in a Terry Pratchett book (Bromeliad Trilogy) where apparently this summarizes what goes on in the mind of a certain south american frog. They can also count up to one. What can i say? Too much paracetamol + actifed. But I recomend all of Terry Pratchett's books, in any case.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home